New Student Experience New Student Retreat
The New Student Retreat invites students to connect with one another while enjoying games and activities and space to consider how to grow in one's faith in college.
Complete with plenty of recreation time including swimming, zip line, climbing wall, ultimate frisbee, s'mores, and bonfires, friendships and great memories are sure to be made! We encourage all first-year Westmont students to attend.
Where: Forest Home Ojai
When: The dates for this year's New Student Retreat are tentatively set for September 10th-11th. We will keep this page updated as we move forward and covid-19 guidelines become clearer.
Retreat Theme: Job 12:13
"With God are wisdom and strength, he has counsel and understanding." (NRSV)
Purpose of the Retreat: The New Student Retreat is intentionally designed early in the fall semester to help new students
- Build relationships
- Deepen connections to the Westmont community
- Consider how to grow in one's faith in college
For more information, contact Orientation at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (805)-565-6125.
What to Pack:
- Athletic shoes (for climbing wall, zip lines, basketball, volleyball, disc golf, human foosball, tetherball, etc.)
- One piece swimsuit or two piece covered by a dark shirt
- Bible, pen, notebook
- Cards or games (if you want)
- Normal clothing needs
- Sleeping bag OR sheets and a blanket
- Hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, bug spray (if bugs are attracted to you)
- Toiletries (FYI- there are some showers)
- Water bottle
- Sweatshirt or jacket (gets cold at night)