SPRING LIBRARY SERVICES UPDATE
as of January 19, 2021
Library Hours and Contact Information
The Voskuyl Library building is open for book borrowing and individual study only with 20% seating capacity. While Santa Barbara County is in the purple tier, the library will be open the following hours:
- Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
- Saturday - Sunday: 1pm - 5pm
Library services such as the Research Help Desk, Writers' Corner, and Tutoring will continue to be offered remotely. For research inquiries and any library-related questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Librarians will be monitoring the email Monday - Thursday from 9am - 9pm, Friday from 9am - 5pm, and Sunday from 7pm - 9pm.
For printing and technology needs, please email our IT department at email@example.com. If you need to meet with a staff member, please make an appointment.
Contactless Curbside Pick-Up Still Available!
For Contactless Curbside Pick-Up of physical library resources such as books, DVDs, and musical scores, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the title, author, and call number of the materials you would like to check out. Stop by the table in front of the library to pick up your requested materials once you have received an email from the library stating your materials are ready for you. Materials will be available for pick-up during the library's operating hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
Ask questions. Win prizes!
Do you need to find a book for a research paper? Do you want to find a scholarly article? Do you like winning prizes? Enter the Research Help Desk raffle! Each question you ask - whether at the desk, over email, on the phone, or over Zoom - gives you a chance to win!
How to enter:
- Email your questions and requests to email@example.com
- Contact a librarian directly via their email, by phone, or on Zoom
How to earn tickets:
- 1 ticket: ask a "basic" question such as "how can I get a book from the library while studying off-campus?" (< 3 mins)
- 2 tickets: ask an "intermediate" question such as "what kind of databases should I use for my research project?" (3 - 10 mins)
- 5 tickets: ask an advanced question such as "how do I narrow my research topic?" (15 - 30 mins)
- 10 tickets: schedule a one-on-one appointment with a librarian
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to start racking up those tickets!
* The raffle will begin the first day of classes - August 31, 2020.*
Stay in the know with updates on library exhibits, events, and more on our Instagram page!