Summer & Mayterm Mayterm on Campus
On campus housing during Mayterm 2021
No one may reside in campus housing during the Mayterm period unless assigned by the Housing Director or Mayterm RD. Campus housing during the Mayterm period is available to students who:
- Enroll in an "in-person" Mayterm class.
- Participate in extended intercollegiate athletics beyond the Spring semester, when short-term housing is provided during the month of May. See May Housing for Athletes for information and the housing request form for this use. NOTE: Athletes use a different application for housing during May than those attending Mayterm. Students who will participate in extended athletics AND who will enroll in an "in-person" Mayterm course must submit both forms.
Students who are living off-campus in their own residence and commuting to campus (to participate in one of the options listed above) do not need to obtain approval or make any official communication with Housing.
Meal Plan: The meal plan may not be required for 5-week Mayterm students who live on campus this year as we intend to use the GLC for housing. Keep in mind that pots, pans, cooking utensils, etc. are not provided in the GLC kitchens. You will need to indicate whether or not you want the Mayterm meal plan when you fill out your housing form (below).
- Athletes: No meal plan is offered by the Housing Office for athletes in temporary housing (i.e. those who are approved by their head coach for extended intercollegiate competition beyond the Spring semester). Athletes should check with their coach about meals.
- Athletes staying for in-person Mayterm after their extended intercollegiate participation has concluded are on their own for meals. Athletes may purchase individual meals at the Dining Commons (with cash, check, or credit card), prepare their own meals in the residence hall kitchen, or dine off-campus.
Costs for Room & Board for 2021
- Housing: $815 ( 5 weeks)
- Meal plan: ~$520 (5 weeks). We are still getting final numbers on this figure. We expect the cost to be close to this listed number.
Submission deadline: last day of finals, IMPORTANT: No online applications are accepted after the last day of finals. Check-in times will be communicated at a future date.
Check-in details will be communicated at a future date.
On campus housing during Mayterm will be in the GLC unless space requirements or unforeseen circumstances require the use of a different hall.
Services during Mayterm
Please note the following update about services and programs during Mayterm:
- Reduced hours in the dining commons. The hours during Mayterm are typically posted on the entrance door.
- Campus Shuttle and the 955 are suspended.
- Campus Health Center hours are typically reduced to 10:00am-1:00pm on Mondays and 11:00am-2:00pm on Thursdays.
- The Counseling Center is open Monday - Friday during Mayterm by appointment only. Students can request a counseling appointment on the Counseling Center website.
- COVE is open.
All Mayterm residents should expect their room to be fully occupied. Students may request a specific roommate by naming that person on the Mayterm Housing Form. Roommates must request each other in order to be paired.
The deadline for check-out is Saturday at noon (12pm) following the last day of class. The Express Check-Out procedure is determined by the Mayterm RD.
Questions or concerns?
Please contact the Housing Office.